The best power adaptor for overseas travel

This is an update of a post that I originally wrote in 2011, after coming back from a month in the USA.

In that, I proselytized taking a power strip with 4 outlets. The four items in mind were laptop or tablet, two phones (assuming you’re traveling as a couple) and a camera battery charger. That may have been over the top for some, or not enough for others. In our case, it’s what we generally travel with.

I noticed that post today and decided to update it with our new regime, which is simply a one or two outlet adaptor, with two usb ports.

The 240v adaptor/s are for the laptop and camera charger while the two usb ports can be used for the phones. It’s taken a fair bit of bulk out of the electrical travel bag. This sort of kit just wasn’t available in 2011. Amazing really.

You can get a two port version from Masters for around $25, or a 4x USB port version for $30.

Some of the USB products at Masters can be bought with different region plugs, eliminating the need for an extra adaptor.

Having a look through eBay will find some cheap ones as well.

If you’re still carrying enough items for more 240v plugs, you can get power strips with USB ports from Kogan.

Did you like this article? Don't forget to follow The Hubby House on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest updates.

We also have a weekly email list that you can sign up to just down there ▼ ▼ ▼

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Be the first to comment on "The best power adaptor for overseas travel"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.